Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Springing Forward STINKS

I understand the premise of Daylight Savings....honestly, I do....and in THEORY, yes, it seems like a practical attempt to solve.....but really, it seems to me to be a very one dimensional way to approach the problem.....our whole world(the Barton world that is) has been turned upside down b/c of the new time change....it just feels wrong to tell myself that it is 7am when everything else in my life from my sleepy body to the dark sky to the birds NOT chirping that it is really 6 am.......the same is true in the evening.....all of a sudden it is dinner time/ bedtime when really I should still have another hour to get everything started and work toward.....Jared is really the only one who has had to deal with it b/c of spring break..... (although Sunday was crazy, we were late only 10-15 mins past our normal late time, but I kept Heath in his jammies, so we would have been killer late)so, lucky for us that are on spring break, that we can ease into the world of operating off of one less hour and still function.....why we can't just ease into the more sunlight thing any way like the rest of the world.....in Russia(yes, I know, I'm comparing the US to a third world country) they had 5-6 hours of daylight in January to 24 hours of sunlight in June without the Daylight Savings thing and life seemed to function.....it just seems ridiculous to try and save a little bit at one end, only to mount up costs at several other ends....not to mention it messes up the balance of my life....springing forward stinks!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We didn't switch in AZ! It's awesome!! (not to rub it in or anything) now it's weird to have to think about what time it is in other places...