Tuesday, March 2, 2010

better offer....

On Sunday....Megan asked me three or four times if I would have lunch with her @ school...and of course I said yes (b/c of illness in our family, I hadn't been to lunch w/ them for 3 weeks)....it is almost an all day experience....I showed up at 11:30 to have lunch with Travis....which is always fun-he was embarasses b/c of all the attention he received (Heath gets all sorts of attention from students and staff)....Then Jacob and Megan's class comes in....Jacob plays it cool and very low key (embarassed as well b/c of all the attention), Megan very excited, comes to me telling me where she wants to sit-etc., Jacob comes over w/his lunch....then, I wait and wait and wait for Megan to join us with her lunch...she never showed....So I get up and look around the crowded cafeteria...it's hard to find her....but over in the far corner of the cafetieria, I see Megan with all of her favorite friends.....apparrently the lunch duty person told the students that for today, the children could sit where they wanted and Miss Megan could not pass that opprotunity up.....I did make her promise to eat her ice cream with me.....I go back and enjoy the rest of my lunch with my dear Jacob, who only a few minutes after finishing his lunch asked if he could go play outside with his friends- I did make him give me a big fat hug before he ditched me.....
***it brought back memories watching the Kinder classes play heads up 7-up, b/c they had to stay inside due to muddy playground....I loved that game!!

No comments: