Tuesday, July 7, 2009

murphy's law

Because of the drought south Texas is in right now....we have water restrictions- stage 2 water restrictions to be exact....and there were words about stage 3 water restrictions coming with in the next couple of days (b/c there was no rain in sight)....which would mean I could only water my dying grass every other week...well, it was Sunday night (after dark) and I wanted to water up my grass just before stage 3 kicked in (watering every other week is bad enough....add 100 degrees every day all day on top of that and we're talking dust bowl)...Now watering our grass is a big deal... it takes a while to water 1/3 of an acre so I was up rotating sprinklers and hoses til 11:30 pm in the evening......sure enough, less than 24 hours later, some mysterious rain storm came in and dumped 5" of rain on us...5" - seriously!! oh yeah, when ever it rains someone has always managed to leave a car door or window open....and yep, last night was no different!! So there is 5'" of rain in my now very saturated van......

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I thought you were going to say you got a ticket for watering when you weren't suppose to!