Thursday, April 8, 2010

that's how it goes....

when you're old(thirties and beyond) it is easy to forget what it is like to be little and full of life....especially full of life the way little girls are full of life....now, when little girls are little like Chloe, they seem to twirl and giggle and skip as they walk around.....when the are 8, 9 and 10, things are so much....so VERY different....they still have all their cuteness but in such a totally different way...at achievement days our activity was about the 13 articles of faith....shortly after I began to brief them about our game, 2 hands go up....I keep talking, then these two hands begin to wave as though they will burst if they don't get a chance to speak, so I call on one...."what ever happened to our skirt project"....I was sure their comment had to do with the current activity,not the one from January....so I try to quickly answer the skirt question before I realize that that 2nd hand is again waiving frantically, so, thinking that the second girl is also asking a question about the skirt I call on her...."I got to swim in our new pool, it was fun, especially in the 6ft deep in...".... In the blink of an eye, we went from articles of faith, to our skirt project, to swimming and when was the swimming activity....Little girls have so many thoughts at once about anything and EVERYTHING....watching them in their element being giggly and silly and happy and enjoying themselves makes me ever so much more aware of how boring it is when you're thirty-ish, all I think about is laundry, taxes, a quick inventory of the fridge/pantry and other boring stuff like that....

No comments: