Thursday, October 9, 2008

Did a Double-Take

I did a total double-take...then I had to rub my eyes to see if I was day dreaming or if it was some type of mirage....gas at the local Wal-Mart was $2.91!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never thougt we would ever see gas below the $3.00 mark again....that was unleaded...but even diesel was $3.42......which is small change compared to the $4.09 a few months ago.....thanks to continuous price hikes in gas for the past several years- I am a synic( did I spell that right?)....I am sure there is some ties to the upcoming presidential elections.....oil companies want americans to be in a better mood about the economy so we can vote for the president who is in THEIR best interest...I am sure as soon as the elections are over...the price per gallon will go back up....or maybe, they realize that much of America can't pay thir bills if they spend their entire paycheck at the pump.....gone are the days when people used to talk about the weather....now we talk about the recent changes of gas prices......oh, and now which bank where has collapsed and the crashing stock market.....

No comments: