Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Mother's LOVE.......



I am not a camping person...in fact I don't like camping (esp. in Texas) one bit...but my children LOVE camping....so everyonce in a while I dig deep and find special camping opprotunities....Well, Jacob has been begging to join a scout troop and so I signed him up w/Troop 471, and they were having a Family Campout. We went up to a nice area at Medina Lake and in the middle of July-I get extra points for summer time and tent!!! We had sooo much fun, my kids LOVED it....they all loved being "scouts"; the theme was Kung Fu Campout and they built things, earned patches, fished, swam, went put-put golfing at night, saw lots of deer, ate marshmellows, ice cream, played games-did I mention FUN? Troop 471 has a great scout master- Georgia, thanks for EVERYTHING!!
The only down side, Jared and I had to give talks on Sunday (we got home Sat night)-it's hard to prepare a talk and play in the lake at the same time!!

No comments: