Friday, January 8, 2010

...it never fails....

Yesterday afternoon had all the makings of a rather effecient(productive,organized,on top of it) kind of day....when my older kids came home from school, we tackled homework and reading( X 3)like a well oiled machine....I even set us on the path of extra-curricular activities like cleaning (changing sheets & vacuuming) bedrooms, starting dishes, etc. I felt pretty good about sending Jared off to an evening church meeting....With dinner made and served, I sent the children upstairs ahead of me with the green light to play a little Mario Brothers together, while I selfishly indulged in a little Facebook time....as always, one friend led to another and before long I was way over my alotted time....only to discover that: my children had turned into video-game zombies, Chloe had found a(black) PERMANENT marker and colored her face so extensively she looked the the star wars sith....I found a cut up pillow case next to a certain 4 year old's bed and scissors, but of course no one knows who did it-including the guilty 4 year old....and we had one melt down(two if you count the adult) before we were even gathered for prayer.....needless to say, Jared was rather surprised to come home from his meeting(3 hrs later) only to find a wife who was not interested in staying up to watch the TX game....

No comments: